Saturday 22 January 2011

Polka dots and tea

It's always nice when the day surprises you. Sometimes I really love living in a village and more so today when I saw that there was a "trampoline and inflatable" fair... Hey, why not!? I did have a chuckle to myself as I drove to the post office.

Whilst there to pick up a package I decided to pop in and see my friend Emily. We had a good old natter over some digestives and tea. Before sending me on my way she lent me some Adobe Illustrator books. Unfortunately I'm not as proficient on the program as I would like to be and spend many hours screaming at the computer.

I mentioned that I needed fabric to re-upholster the seats of the dining chairs my parents kindly donated to me. Emily recommended Dunmelm Mill and Boy! was she right! Not only did they have loads of fabric to choose from but also 20% off. Who doesn't like a bargain?!
What do you think? I'm loving the cream and blue palette.




I also brought some vintage looking scales and polka dot and rose mugs. There's going to a great deal of baking and tea-making in my flat!



Don't worry... I'm still sketching and am currently working on something that I'll post later! It's going to be blooming marvellous!

No comments:

Post a Comment