Sunday 30 May 2010

Geeky Sunday

Today I went with my friend to the London Expo at London ExCel. We began the day by eating dim sum at Yi Ban Restaurent.




Scrummy! Plus the views of the docks were a lovely accompaniment.



After our delicious brunch we took a quick walk along the dock and saw people practicing their rowing for the "dragon boat" race.
We rushed over to ExCel to get our tickets and head into the "London Expo". The sight when we headed into the building was surreal. As this was the first time I had been to an event like this I wasn't prepared seeing so many people dressed up.




It was amazing! There were so many different Anime, Manga, Marvel characters and many others that I did not know. I couldn't believe some of the time and effort some of these people had put into the costumes. I doth my hat off to them!


I've saved the best for last... It's Sailor Moon! I loved the fact that the people who have dressed up are happy to have their picture taken. They are all friendly, lovely and creative people.

To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect at the London expo but I was pleasantly surprised by the people and by some of the comics and exhibs. It was an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming out with me. I had a fab day too! Highlight of the day, having my piccie taken with a stormtrooper! (or to be exact, a clone trooper as said by my friend) :)

    ReplyDelete