Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Great British Weather

The Bank holiday weekend has been and gone... I went to visit my friends in the lovely city of Bristol. Where I was met with a cheery smile and a deliciously warm Brie, honey and ham baguette. Bliss! Tragically I did not take a picture of this yummy baguette...
It has been a few years since I have seen my friends and it is a joy to spend time with them. They took me on a tour round the city. Where little boutiques and cafes nestle and perch themselves on these little hills. Which are full of fun and pretty things. They showed me round the lustrous parks and meandered along the streets where the houses all have their own character and wisteria growing along their walls.
While we were walking we came across this little fellow.

That's right folks! This monster cluster of mushrooms has managed to break through the pavement! It was a sight behold... Also a reminder not to mess with Nature.

My friend wanted to take me to see the views from Cabot tower. The views are lovely and the park surrounding the tower is lush.




Above is Cabot Tower perched on a big hill.



That is the end to my trip and here is a little picture as a little "thank you" for my hostess with the most-ess!











No comments:

Post a Comment