Tuesday 9 November 2010

Craft Fairs and more!

Last Friday I attended the Blurb London pop-up workshop, which was organised with Etsy and Moo. It was a really good event! I learnt a great deal about Etsy and about self-marketing. The people from all 3 companies were really helpful and lovely. Plus they even fed us delicious cupcakes and yummy sandwiches. All went down a treat with lashings of tea and coffee. Armed with new found confidence and knowledge I've spent many hours designing these card designs for the upcoming Craft Fairs.



I also met some other fellow entrepreneurs and it was really interesting to see the different stages people were at with their business and craft. There were knitters, photographers and jewellery makers.
I also met Irene Strange who is a crochet pattern designer. She was lovely and I was surprised to find out later that I had seen her stuff before. I wish I had known that at the time, unfortunately I was a little dazed by all the information I had collected from the talks. She is talented lady as you can see from the images below (from her website) or you can check out her stuff on her Flickr photostream.



Speaking of crochet I'm creating some to go with more items for the Craft fairs. More details will follow about locations and dates but here is a taster of what is yet to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment