Thursday 2 September 2010

Finished Projects and WIPs

Oh boy! The last month has been another crazy one! Finally a moment to catch with what I've made and what I am currently working on. Below are some pictures of the dickie bow I made for a friend's wedding.

The wedding was a real country affair with lots of gingham, bunting, country dancing and real Stroud ale.


Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of me modeling it on the day so these after shots will have to do. The last picture is a close-up of the button but it doesn't do it justice. It's a lovely wood textured button I found in my wild rummaging in charity shops. Thinking of making these in different colours and slightly different styles. What do you think?

I forgot to add the "before" photos of the pinup sailor girl tattoo... so here they are





Another project I've finished, was a crochet belt for one of my sisters. It was her summer prom and she wanted a belt to finish off her outfit (a cream lace strapless dress.) So began the brainstorming between us. Eventually we came up with a cream crochet belt, embellished with beads, pearls and flowers.

Unfortunately neither one of us were any good at sewing. Luckily sister no.2 helped out in that department. On top of that she supplied she with the finishing touch... the silk ribbon to tie up the belt. What a star!

Yet again I did not get any photos of her in the belt on the day as there wasn't any time. So you will just have to put up with this last picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment