Friday 10 September 2010

Fruits of my Labour

"Organic!" My mother shouted with glee. I was confused by this sudden outburst. It turns out she was referring to her tomatoes, which were sweet and juicy.

My mother is an avid gardener but due to recent years of spending more time running the family business she has had to neglect it. This year she's made a small attempt to grow a few things. Her chosen crop was tomatoes, red peppers, runner beans and hot chili peppers.


Look at her bounty!

There was a bumper crop of tomatoes and chili peppers but not all the vegetables were a success... The runner beans didn't produce very well and any produce ended up too tough to eat. Whereas the sweet bell pepper plant only produced 2 peppers! Oh well! At least the rest of the vegetables were tasty!

Been working on a little surprise for some lovely people. Here's a peek at what I'm working on.


I can't show too much in case they see. So all will be revealed once they're given to the recipients.

Before I forget check out this photo!





Monster tomato & baby tomato hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment